Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Inflammation and curry

Yesterday, the corner of my month got inflamed, or “on fire” according to Chinese medicine, and today it began to bother me. There are a few causes that I suspect: 1) I normally eat “cold” fruit every day, but during period I’m not eating any “cold” fruits, so the “fire” caught on; 2) it’s easier to get weird symptoms like inflammation during period; 3) I eat too much curry. It’s actually not much in absolute terms, but it’s more than enough and my body has become sensitive enough to react to it; 4) I need more vegetables. These days I feel like green vegetables more, while before I always feel like grains and beans more. I still somehow told myself I need the amount of grains and beans that I used to have for each meal, but actually my body might have reached a more natural stage of wanting 80% vegetables and fruits and 20% grains and legumes.

About curry now. Before I ate the epic “two big full plates of Thai vegetable curry (TBFPOTVC)”, I thought curry had become my favorite food. But ever since the epic TBFPOTVC, I don’t really enjoy curry that much anymore. These days, I got curries simply because I told myself I like them, not because I really feel like eating them. I used to always get a little bit more than normal amount of curry, but now even I still got the same amount of curry, my stomach began to feel uncomfortable and it also affected my appetite for the next meal. Curry is too oily for my stomach now. I think I’ll take a break with curry and not eat it until next quarter.

No comments:

Post a Comment