Saturday, March 19, 2011

Finals week

1. March 15: 3 slices of bread is about right for breakfast, and 2 slices of watermelon is about right for one snack

2. My eyes felt itchy sometimes

3. Fat makes you full. Although I wouldn’t say I overate, I definitely ate a lot / almost overate in the last two days (March 17 Thu, 18 Fri), and my weight picked up a little as a result. For some meals I ate little or no protein/starch, but I was still stuffed, because my vegetables were oily (especially broccoli, although it was extremely good). Thursday night I bought two packages of Sensible Foods Crunch Dried Snacks. They were “organic sweet corn” and “organic soy nuts”, which were essentially concentrated starches and proteins. They were so good that, even after normal dinner, I could not help finishing them both (not in one go tho). Strangely I didn’t feel bloated. Moreover, starch+protein totally violates food combination, but I didn’t fart or experience anything usual. Probably I did feel a little bit uncomfortable because I ate too much, but it was not very memorable. I can’t make many conclusions yet, but one thing I can conclude is that fat is the No.1 thing that makes you full. Vegetable with a lot of oil stuffs you fast, while a lot of starch/protein with little oil does not.

4. Probably because of stress, I got a couple of bad dreams. Not nightmares, but intensive dreams. Haven’t had bad dreams for a long time.

5. Yesterday my dad expressed his understanding for my vegan decision. He believed that happiness and freedom is very important, so he supports whatever decision I make. My mum initially said that she was still against my vegan diet even after reading my emails, but later she said she would like to give me time to study more about nutrition and hopefully make the decision of eating meat again on my own. I am grateful to their understanding.

6. This is not an accident, because I was aware of it when I ... had a little bit of white sauce (which very likely contains dairy) while biting the mushroom and black bean burgers bought from Axe & Palm. I had mushroom burgers from Axe & Palm twice before, and both time there was no sauce at all. However, this time both Lisa's black bean burger and my mushroom burger got sauce in it :( I still wanted to eat breakfast (we bought the burgers on Thursday night and saved it for breakfast on Friday), so I ate the margins of the burgers and took in a little bit sauce on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment