Saturday, March 26, 2011

8th day of water fast, cloudy

It took me over two hours to fall asleep last night, but during the two hours there might be some shallow dreaming going on.

Since the filtered water I got yesterday tasted weird, I boiled the filtered water this morning, and boiling does help purify the water! Now the water is more drinkable. Lisa bought me distilled water from Walgreen a few days ago, and I thought the water tasted like plastic. But Lisa said it tasted fine. I never had any problems with filtered water either, but now I can recognize the unpleasant tastes in filtered water. So my taste bud has indeed become more sensitive.

These days I have always had a little bit hard time breathing when I got up in the morning. Usually the breathing went back to normal in a while.

Lisa said that my facial skin worsened today, or more precisely, went back to what it usually looked like. It’s weird that Dozie could tell that my face cleared up yesterday and Lisa could tell that my skin got worse today, but I simply couldn’t tell any difference.

I think the rashes on my arms and hands got a little bit better today because they looked less prominent/red. But the thigh area close to my butt has become itchier. I do like detox a lot, but now school will start in two days, I really hope these detox symptoms can go away soon. I really want to end the fast and recover soon so that I can function well in school.

My back felt a little uncomfortable these days.

I did laundry today and it surprisingly made me tired. While walking upstairs, I felt that my legs didn’t have strength. I thought, maybe it’s time for me to break the fast, because the school is about to start.

What about my rashes then? If the spring break would continue for a few more days, I would totally continue the fast to fast the rashes away and complete this detox, but I think at this point my energy is more important. After I break the fast and during the transition period, I will have an extremely healthy diet, so my body will keep on detoxing, although at a lower rate. I’m totally ok with taking more time to get rid of the rashes.

At 6:15pm, I broke the water fast by drinking a little bit Naked Juice coconut water mixed with half cup of water. Although the coconut water was diluted, it tasted so fresh and pleasant. I kept on drinking, without being aware that I actually drank a little bit too much. Even after an hour and a half, my stomach still felt full. Wow…

Now is the time to summarize. I began the water fast after dinner on Friday, March 18 (which I counted as day 0), and ended the fast on Saturday, March 26 at 6:15pm. So it’s an 8 day water fast. Before, I have only done 2 one-day “forced” fast. By “forced” I mean I felt compelled to fast, because my stomach was about to burst due to overeating. In those 2 one-day fasts, I had plenty of food reserve to use, so probably they were just half-day fasts. Therefore, I’m a little bit amazed that I could successfully accomplish this 8 day water fast considering how little fasting experience I've had.

The 8-day water fast has been a fantastic experience. Throughout these 8 days, although I was physically weaker and weaker, I have always been mentally alert. I had a lot of readings as well as other stuff done. I never felt bored. I went outside three times. Except the vomiting in the morning of the second day, I have never suffered. Another major symptom is the rashes. One other annoying thing was that the bones around my hip area hurt, especially when I slept. Probably it was because I had become thinner. Other than that, everything went quite smoothly. I didn’t accomplish anything spiritually, because I somehow didn’t feel like reading about meditation after starting two meditation books. I will keep on pursuing meditation tho. I slept a lot and took afternoon naps most of the days. I slept roughly 8.7 hours per day, more than after vegan and before the fast. People usually say that you sleep less while fasting, so I guess my body was working extra hard to release toxins and thus I needed more sleep. I also dreamed much more than before, so I guess my sleep were not really normal sleeps. In the first three days I drank more than 2 liters of water, but later my need for water diminished, although today I drank a lot of water again. In terms of weight, I lost a total of 5.2 kg or 11.5 pounds. My mense came on the 6th day of the fast, 4 days earlier than I expected, 24 days after my previous cycle. My bloods were no longer red fluid, but dark brown clots. The amount was smaller than usual, but clots are supposed to have a smaller volume than liquids, right? Interestingly, after breaking the fast, my mense blood became red liquid again, although there were still dark clots. An hour after breaking the fast, I felt a little tired. 7:15pm is a weird time to feel tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment