Saturday, March 19, 2011

1st day of water fast, rainy

First day of fast. Decided to drink pure bottled water. Had 14 1-liter Aquafina pure water in stock. Will decide whether to buy more or use filtered water from water fountain after the stock ran out. Decided not to decide on how many days to fast. Will see how it goes. Currently believe that I will at least do 7 days. Will try to continue if I feel ok on the 7th day. But will consider breaking the fast after 10 days, because I’m still new to fasting, I’m unsupervised, and the 10th day is the first day of school. Plus 10-day water fast is the standard.

Bowel movement at 6:55am.

Finished the “spring break to do list” in the morning. Now all I need to do during spring break is fasting, reading my 18 books, trying meditation, planning for the new quarter, and taking the pre-training diagnostic tests. My parents and I agreed that I will plan my parents’ US trip after the spring break. Finished two books about fasting in the rest of the day.

Napped from 3:05 to 4:20pm. Got cold feet when I woke up. I put on an extra pair of pants after I got up. Lisa and Linda felt cold too.

Felt upset and physically uncomfortable (had “qi” in stomach) when thinking about mum after the nap, because she objected my vegan diet and wanted to force me to obey her. Felt better when reading that fasting can help cure mental illness and create euphoria. Felt good again after talking to parents. Mum seemed to be not that concerned about my diet now.

Didn’t feel discomfort for the whole day. Sometimes felt hungry, but it didn't bother me at all. Didn’t feel as thirsty as my previous two one-day fasts. Only drank 2.7 liter of water. No breathe or body odor, no extra mucus. Energetic the whole day besides the nap. Mentally alert. In general, had an even easier experience than the previous two fasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment