Sunday, March 20, 2011

2nd day of water fast, rainy, sunny, cloudy

I had a terrible yet rewarding experience early this morning. I woke up at around 3:15am. My stomach was complaining although it didn’t have pain. The “hunger” didn’t bother me on the first day, so why did it suddenly become bothersome on the second day? I stayed on bed trying to get back to sleep, but it was difficult. I probably managed to fall asleep, but I woke up again at 4:44am. This time I was still feeling bad: I was thirsty/dehydrated, my bedding was too warm/hot (probably because the pair of pants I was wearing were heavier and tighter than usual), and the room was a little stuffy (I thought it was cold last night, so we had the window closed, which we normally don’t do).

I didn’t feel that sleepy and remembered reading that you don’t need that much sleep during fasting. Most importantly, I really need some water, so I jumped out of the bed at around 4:50am (my bed was slightly elevated). The moment my feet landed on the ground, I instantly felt dizzy. I suddenly remembered that doctors supervising fasts instruct their patients not to jump out of the bed or suddenly stand up. When fasters feel dizzy, they should immediately sit or lie down. So I immediately went back to bed, which relieved the symptom. Then I stepped out of the bed carefully using the chair. I could finally stand still, although I still felt a little bit dizzy.

I weighted myself before doing anything else, because I thought this was the official getting-up. 51.6, 0.3kg lower than last night and 1kg lower than last morning. I thought I would lose more weight, but it was good that I didn’t lose weight quickly. I then went to the bathroom to warm my water, brush my teeth and wash my face. I looked pale in the mirror, especially my lips. I went back to the room. My hands were shaky while pouring water into the mug. I felt terrible so I sat down at my desk. I was weak and nauseous and it felt like I was having a fever (except my temperature was normal). I wanted to read, but I couldn’t. I wanted to vomit, so I had a plastic bad ready just in case. Every move was suffering. I hadn’t been this sick for a long time, and I finally felt strongly again that health was the No.1 important thing in life.

I thought, yesterday was so smooth that it doesn’t make sense that I can feel so awful today. Can it be that I’m one of the rare cases where my body is unsuitable for fasting? It’s only the second day and I’m already feeling this terrible, so should I break the fast? Oh no I was so determined to do at least 7 days. I don’t want to give up so easily. Should I get my coconut water out of the fridge so that I can break the fast before I can’t take it anymore? But I really want to keep on fasting! So maybe I should check up on supervised fast center near this area. If my symptom worsens, I should just go to the fast supervision facility and stay there for 10 days. But I was too weak to check up fast centers online. I sat there for 2-3 minutes, and I suddenly felt like using the bath room for the big one. I took my plastic bag with me, and I felt horrible on the toilet. It reminded me of having fever / getting really sick back home. I finally decided that there was no bowel movement, so I went back to the room.

I decided to go back to sleep. Surprisingly, the moment I lied down on my bed, I felt something was coming up to my mouth from my stomach. Fortunately I had my plastic bag with me, so I quickly grab the plastic bag just in time to vomit in it. I throw up probably two mouthful of sour liquid. It went out so rashly that it almost went into my nose. I felt much, much better after vomiting. I was not that dizzy anymore when I got off the bed. I rinsed my teeth, drank some warm water, and it was like I was almost recovered from sickness. I checked out my vomit, it was murky yellow with some tiny white stuff/bubble on the surface. It didn’t smell particularly bad. I guess the water might be the water I just drank? It must be the release of toxin in my body or it was a total clean up of my stomach. I just experienced the typical “beneficial side-effects” that I read on book!

Although I was feeling much better, I thought that I needed rest to fully recover, so I planned to read on bed. Strangely, the moment I lied down, I really wanted to sleep, so I quickly fell asleep. I had a vivid dream but couldn't remember that much. Lisa’s alarm went off twice. They woke me up but I quickly went back to sleep again. I woke up at 6:47am, feeling terrific and refreshed. I told Lisa my experience and I got up. I felt as good as in my first day of fast.


Now, the rest of my second day experience:

A very comfortable and energetic day in general, except the light headache in the afternoon. Was reading about water fast for the whole day.

Stomach grumbled in the morning, but it didn’t bother me at all. Not feeling more or less hungry than yesterday.

Had bearable headache in early afternoon, but still kept on reading from the computer screen. Finally did not want to stare at the screen anymore, so I took a nap. Napped from 1:50pm to 5:25pm, woke up in the middle because of cold feet. Felt warm and comfortable before getting up. Less but still a little bit headache after nap, headache disappeared about an hour later.

Brushed teeth after the nap, began to have weird taste in mouth.

Got up from nap because I was thirsty. I though, isn’t it nice if I could just always stay on bed? So I decided to make an insulator so that I can have warm water while on bed. Made an insulator with cotton cloths in a plastic container. 5:55pm began insulate warm water in my stainless steel bottle, 7:55pm water was drinkable / barely warm. 8:10pm tried using a glass water bottle, 10:10pm figured that glass bottle = stainless steel bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment