Monday, March 21, 2011

3rd day of water fast, rainy, cloudy, sunny

Last night I went to read on bed at 10:45pm. Because I took a 3.6-hour nap in the afternoon, I expected to sleep late, but I was a bit tired at 11:25pm so I went to sleep. Surprisingly I woke up at 4:55am in the morning, exactly the same time as when I first got up yesterday morning! I thought I couldn’t get back to sleep because 5.4 hours of night sleep + 3.6 hours of afternoon nap = 9 hours of sleep already. I stayed awake for a while, peed, and strangely went back to sleep again! Then I had a vivid and long dream about my 1st and 2nd grade best friend and her twin brother. Then came another surprise: I woke up at 6:55am, exactly the same time as when I officially got up last morning. What’s more incredible is that I slept 7.3 hours following a long afternoon nap. I felt terrific when I got out of the bed.

I built another insulator with cardboard and paper. I put the stainless steel water bottle in the bubble wrap and put it in the middle of the insulator at 7:30am. Unfortunately I drank all the water before two hours. Then I insulate the water again at 9:04am. Two hours later, the water was a little bit / not significantly warmer than that coming from my first insulator.

I began to have mild stomach pain at 9:35am and it lasted 5 minutes.

I kept my arm raised for 2 minutes just to provide a benchmark for Lisa to see if she had become weaker because she suffered from keeping her arm raised for long. My arm didn’t hurt much, but it consumed my energy. I even yawned and got a tiny, short headache afterward.

I had quite a few hiccups throughout out the day.

My lips got chapped today and I became thirsty more easily.

I lied on bed from 1:50pm, napped from probably 3:15 to 4:25pm. I had a vivid and long dream about movies, but I couldn’t remember clearly. I actually didn’t really need this afternoon nap, but it was a nice rest anyways.

I began to read about meditation after the nap.

In the afternoon my voice sounded different and in the evening I lost my voice / could only talk very quietly, although feeling wise my throat is completely normal / I can't notice anything wrong with my throat if I don’t talk.

A very strange thing that began to happen this afternoon and worsened in the evening was that I began to think about meat a lot. I haven't thought about meat much or really enjoyed the thinking of it ever since I became a vegan, but today I thought about a variety of meat like river shrimp, chicken soup, fried egg etc. and was thinking about how delicious they were. I also thought about fresh fruit like strawberries, but I thought about meat much more. At first I tried not to think about meat/food, because I was fasting, but later I thought it was ok because although I enjoyed thinking about meat and could imagine the exact delicious taste it had, I was not craving for it. It's just a very enjoyable experience to think about meat/food.

To help toxin release, I used body scrub in the shower and will use face scrub before bed.

Today is another normal day, besides losing my voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment