Friday, February 25, 2011

Rules and Resolutions 20110225

I realized that when a brand new RR is out, like RR 20110221, it should be experimented for several days, just like codes should be tested. In the past four days, as I tried to obey RR 20110221, I kept on discovering more about myself, learning new knowledge, and figuring out what I like and dislike about this RR. So today I upgraded RR 20110221 to RR 20110225. The new, updated RR is more flexible and addresses my biggest problem in the past few days – overeating – especially today, when I had two big full plates of Thai vegetable curry for lunch. It’s 7pm now, I didn’t have dinner, and I’m still feeling full.

How I address this overeating problem is neither by scaring myself with the horrible consequences of overeating, nor by setting strict rules to discipline myself. Instead, I made some semi poems (actually not poems at all) to tell myself why eating less is consistent with my ideology. I also figured there is no point assigning myself titles like 80% Eater or Food Combinator. The best way to successfully adopt new changes is to make myself truly believe in the changes. It should be that I sincerely want to do them, not that I am somehow forced by rules or titles to do them. This is actually how I could easily become a vegetarian and then vegan. I’m happy to share the “poems” here:

以 ……之心进食
慈悲和善
惜福感恩
简朴平淡
从容不迫

少食(食无求饱)
清血养胃
心智清明
无欲无求
回归自然

No comments:

Post a Comment