Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Trying 80% Eater

I invented the phrase "80% Eater", which means someone who only fills the stomach to 80% of its capacity. It's the "80/20 Rule" applied to eating :) This also means 1) definitely no eating when feeling satisfied, either at or in between the meals, and 2) moderate (as opposed to over) intake of snacks in between meals.

Recently I've been eating a lot and having an inertia of eating even when I'm already full. I believe this is the main reason why I'm not feeling particularly great these days. I also blame my increasing need for sleep to overeating.

I think it's great to name yourself after what you're seriously committed to. I think one of the reasons why a vegan diet is so easy for me to stick to is that I obtained a title "vegan". Since I AM a vegan, I can't be who I am not, so I always remember my "identity" and stick to the vegan rule. I've been seriously trying to avoid overeating many times, but I always ended up forgetting or disregarding it. Now I'm officially an "80% Eater", and let's see how this works out.

* It turned out that I didn't follow the 80% eater rule well in the couple of days right after this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment