Monday, February 21, 2011

Accidents

Here is a list of all the accidents I had.

Before going vegan, all intentional:

1. Had a tuna sandwich in the Integrative Medicine class.
1. Had a few tastes of the side vegetables in chicken curry.
2. Had a few pieces of curry catfish.

After going vegan, all unintentional:

1. Had a good amount of jelly fish at the Little Fat Sheep. I always thought that the jelly fish dish was vegetable.
2. Had two tablespoons of cauliflower clan soup. It was labeled "no dairy, no eggs", so I thought it was vegan. Btw, I still liked the taste of sea food.
3. Had a slice of Oroweat's new "100% Whole Wheat Light Bread" and discovered later that it has nonfat milk in its ingredients. Just because the "100% Whole Wheat" is vegan doesn't mean its light version is also vegan.
4. Had a delicious chocolate cake at the Department of Economics Student Faculty Dinner last Tuesday. I checked online and found that chocolate cakes are usually made with butter and eggs. I asked the waitresses whether the cake was vegan and they said yes, but I should have used my own judgment.

Despite all these accidents, I kinda enjoy checking whether a food is vegan or not...

No comments:

Post a Comment