Sunday, February 27, 2011

Breaking the fast

At 10am, I ate three slices of Ezekiel bread, breaking the fruit fast. Actually I had always planned to wait until brunch to have a bowl of hot oatmeal, which I think is better for digestion than bread, but I finally chose to listen to my body: I was imagining how satisfying it would be to have some Ezekiel bread, but oatmeal didn't turn me on at all. Sure enough, the bread meal was very satisfying.

At 12:40pm I had some green salad and 3/4 plate of cooked vegetables as a light lunch. I rinsed the Zucchini with hot water, because I thought it was greasy. Today I really chewed all my food till they breakdown, which I think made food taste better. I almost never ate sweet peppers, but today I ate the sweet peppers that went with the Zucchini, and it was the first time I think sweet peppers taste great. I also discovered that summer squash (Zucchini) does taste like squash!

Before the bread, I felt a little dizzy when I stood up; after the bread, the symptom lessened; and after the vegetables, the dizziness was gone.

Boring lectures have always had a hypnotizing effect on me, so I went to take a nap at 1:40pm. I planned to limit it to only 20 minutes but ended up sleeping until 3:30pm. Then I had some honeydew, 15 minutes later some pineapple, and went to the presentation group at 4pm. In total, I still slept 7 hours today, and I have been energetic the whole day, so it looks like 7 hours per day is my standard amount of sleep these days.

I'm happy that tonight I resisted the temptation to get another plate of curry. Actually I only had a bowl of green salad and half plate of curry today (plus Flomo's plate is smaller than Wilbur's). If I had taken more curry, the tragedy of two plates of curry before the fast might occur again, although in a smaller scale. I'm about to go to bed now and my stomach is feeling terrific. Actually I'm not that excited about curry today, because now whenever I saw / thought about curry, I thought about the two full big plates of Thai vegetable curry, which immediately turned me off a little. Maybe it's also because after the fast, my body does not feel like fatty food.

No comments:

Post a Comment